Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Gay anal sex

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Gay anal sex
I am a 35 yrs old gay male who is currently in a relationship. I have been engaging in anal sex for almost 2 yrs. I have had a history of hemorroids since I was a teenager but not very often. I have had hemorroidectomy surgery twice removing all veins. My most recent surgery was 3 months ago but I am still having pain. I think that most of the pain comes from the scar tissue. There is a small amount of pain when using the bathroom. I am having a good deal of pain after jogging and the idea of even trying anal sex anytime soon scares me. The first time that I had the surgery, everything was back to normal after 2 months. How long should I expect to fully recover after the second surgery? As I stated before, I am in a relationship. I have talked to my partner about the possibility of not being able to have anal sex anymore and was also wondering if I could ever expect to be able to engage in anal sex again? I would be grateful if you could share any insight on this and possibly offer some tips or suggestions.
Hi there.

This is a question for a urologist. Post in the Urology Expert Forum at:

www.medhelp.org/forums/show/113

or contact your physician's office. Dr. J