Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Getting Rid of a Sex Drive

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Getting Rid of a Sex Drive

I'm a 21 year old male and I would love to not have a sex drive anymore.  I've wanted it to go away ever since it showed up about ten years ago.  Are there any non-surgical ways of reducing or nullifying a sex drive for a man?
I wonder why you want to get rid of a sex drive- most people want to know how to intensify their's.... It is hard to give you advice without knowing what is going on.. do you have desires that could get you in trouble- are you indiscriminately with partners exposing yourself to disease or some other self destructive aspect of sexuality? There is not "too much sex drive" unless it is compulsive or not mutual or respectful of other's rights to choices about how and if they participate.

If you really do want less of a sex drive some of the anti depressant medicines really depress sexual appetite. Ask your doctor about SSRIs- drugs like Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft, etc. They can definitely affect sexual interest by affecting levels of seratonin.
Still, I think before you ask for a prescription, I think you need to be clear about why you want less sex drive and whether or not artificially suppressing sexual interest really adequately addresses important issues you have about your sexual responses.
Read Illinois family law and watch divorce court, if that doesn't do it you just got be "mentat non compos"
You do know they say a mans sex drive is at his highest peck from 18-24. supposively it will decrease as you get older.
There are a few reasons I don't want it.

1. I'm not an attractive man.  Sex doesn't come my way very often.  I don't care to live in want of something I can't have.

2. I end up in bad situations due to my sex drive, in particular being easily lead on by a girl who has no interest in me besides my wallet.

3. I was the product of a one-night stand.  As sexually unfulfilled as I am, I'm prone to doing stupid things when sex does come my way, such as not using protection if the girl doesn't want to.  I came out okay before, but I don't want to risk it again and end up with a kid from a woman I hardly know.  I just don't have adequate self control to trust myself with it.

There are others, but those are the main ones.  Are there no drugs specifically designed to suppress a sex drive?  I don't want to get medicated for health issues that I don't have.
A related discussion, want to become "asexual" or decrease libido was started.