Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Infection?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Infection?

History: I have been dating the same girl for about 2 years. She’s always had a definite odor. There’s also a fluid present like I’ve never seen with any other women. Seems as though the smell and fluid have to do with each other. It’s really put a damper on our sex life. I love her but I feel less attracted to her and thus I am reluctant to have sex with her as the smell really turns me off. She doesn’t seem to notice it but I do. Also, recently my Frenum piercing seems to have gotten infected. I've had my Frenum piercing for almost 10 years now but it never FULLY healed up; there are always small traces of dried “crusties” around each of the balls on the barbell. But recently it has become swollen and inflamed. There are a lot more “crusties” than ever, it’s a dark yellow/green/brown color and it seems to be expunging excessive fluid, even more than when I first got it pierced. After masturbation despite being cautious, there was a tiny bit of bleeding from the piercing. Sex is quite uncomfortable due to some pain in the pierced area, but not impossible. I’ve noticed a definite odor coming from my penis and it’s very similar to my GF’s smell. This only ever started after I got sexually active with my current GF.

Questions: Is this a normal infection in my frenum? Do I tend to it as if it was a normal piercing and do the soak in sea-salt-water? Is vaginal odor just a normal thing that some females have or is something wrong like a bacterial infection? What can be done to handle it? Are the 2 issues at hand related? How do I approach the situation with her without making it a big deal and upsetting her?

Misc info: I’ve never had any problem like this until recently. I have been having sex with her off and on for 2 years, only Vaginal never anal. I’ve been tested for STD’s came up clean. I was recently on Klindamycin for unrelated issues and this seemed to begin after medication was complete.

please help, reluctant to see doc unless absolutely necessary!
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
523042 tn?1212181495
This forum is for discussing emotional/psychological issues relating to sexuality and relationships. I suggest you either ask a urologist your question in the Urology Expert Forum at:

www.medhelp.org/forums/show/113

or the STD's forum at:

STDs expert forum:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/STDs/show/116

Best of luck to you. Dr. J

Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
I would suggest that you have your gf go get tested for infection. It sound a though she may have some sort of infection it std. I would also get cheeked yourself, because if she had it, then you will too, due to the sexual activity. Good luck. Take care.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank