Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Infection?

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Infection?

History: I have been dating the same girl for about 2 years. She’s always had a definite odor. There’s also a fluid present like I’ve never seen with any other women. Seems as though the smell and fluid have to do with each other. It’s really put a damper on our sex life. I love her but I feel less attracted to her and thus I am reluctant to have sex with her as the smell really turns me off. She doesn’t seem to notice it but I do. Also, recently my Frenum piercing seems to have gotten infected. I've had my Frenum piercing for almost 10 years now but it never FULLY healed up; there are always small traces of dried “crusties” around each of the balls on the barbell. But recently it has become swollen and inflamed. There are a lot more “crusties” than ever, it’s a dark yellow/green/brown color and it seems to be expunging excessive fluid, even more than when I first got it pierced. After masturbation despite being cautious, there was a tiny bit of bleeding from the piercing. Sex is quite uncomfortable due to some pain in the pierced area, but not impossible. I’ve noticed a definite odor coming from my penis and it’s very similar to my GF’s smell. This only ever started after I got sexually active with my current GF.

Questions: Is this a normal infection in my frenum? Do I tend to it as if it was a normal piercing and do the soak in sea-salt-water? Is vaginal odor just a normal thing that some females have or is something wrong like a bacterial infection? What can be done to handle it? Are the 2 issues at hand related? How do I approach the situation with her without making it a big deal and upsetting her?

Misc info: I’ve never had any problem like this until recently. I have been having sex with her off and on for 2 years, only Vaginal never anal. I’ve been tested for STD’s came up clean. I was recently on Klindamycin for unrelated issues and this seemed to begin after medication was complete.

please help, reluctant to see doc unless absolutely necessary!
This forum is for discussing emotional/psychological issues relating to sexuality and relationships. I suggest you either ask a urologist your question in the Urology Expert Forum at:

www.medhelp.org/forums/show/113

or the STD's forum at:

STDs expert forum:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/STDs/show/116

Best of luck to you. Dr. J

I would suggest that you have your gf go get tested for infection. It sound a though she may have some sort of infection it std. I would also get cheeked yourself, because if she had it, then you will too, due to the sexual activity. Good luck. Take care.