Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Injury from sex.

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Injury from sex.

I am in my late fifties and use viagra on occassion. Recently while having intercourse using viagra (I only bring this up because of the strong erection), I was on my knees in bed over my wife in what started as a missionary position. I raised up onto my knees and leaned back away from my insertion position. I felt a couple of deep internal pops (like knuckles popping) following by a slow deep pain. I finished intercourse with my wife on top and did achieve orgasm without losing my erection, but I was in an increasing state of pain. I did not sleep that night and was in constant pain. Walking to the bathroom was extremely painful not so much standing. There is no pain in the penis or scrotum area and am able to achieve erection without pain, but the inner deep pelvic pain is very uncomfortable. After using cold packs and alternating hot baths along with naproxin sodium anti inflammatory, the pain has subsided somewhat and walking is becoming easier. I wanted to know if I may have a severe injury that needs immediate attention or if I am improving a little each day  would everthing return to normal. Have you ever heard of this type of injury from this causation before?
Hi.

You need to ask this question of a urologist--and probably see one for an exam. I can't tell you anything about physical injury. And I echo the sentiments of the above writer. Here's to many years of great sex with your beautiful wife! Dr. J
You are to old to be having sex,
Its disgusting. just exept the fact that yor **** is shrivveld like a prune and prepare to die
what john495 was funny. But I am certain you do not thinks this is a laughing matter.  The penis is like a muscle particularliy in the erect state. Once the swelling completely subsides you should be fine. It will take some time and you are useing the correct type of medication for swelling and pain. Good luck.
Don't pay attention to John495.  He is jealous because even though he is probably younger he can’t do it at all anymore. Having sex with your wife is a wonderful gift. I hope you feel better and can continue to enjoy yourself by having lots and lots of great sex with your beautiful wife.