Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Is Hair Removing Lotion/Cream is harmful for testis and penis?

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Hi Doctor it's my first time to use Hair Removing Lotion for my pubic, testis and little bit on penis hairs. That lotion was for females not for males. The mens' lotion was not available there in the market so i bought the female ones and used it on testis, pubic and on penis hairs. I want to ask that is there any kind of harmness or might any problem can happen in sexual or errection problems in penis or any other kind of problems? I used this lotion as an experiment on me cause i was going to use on my other brother my that brother is physically and mentally handicapped so he can't do all things we have to do all things for him and it is a very complicated problem for any handicapped person to shave specially by razor atleast for me cause it might hurt we have been doing this since years but now we want any easy way except shaving by razors so i tried it on me so that i could know if any reaction on skin might occur but there is no reaction all is ok...but nobody can't know some things maybe something wrong might happen so better to ask before cause it's a life problem specially for a handicapped person. So Can you please tell me are there any problems might happen inside testis penis or around in that area? Cause i will use that now on my brother so before using it i'm asking all these things from you. Your advices and help in this regard will be highly appreciated....

Thank you.

Actmale36
You need to look at the instructions on the box. They should say something like:

"Body chemistry can change, and a reaction can occur even when there’s been prior use of the product without incident." It's important to read all the safety information about a product before using it.

No one can predict how the delicate skin on your penis and testicles will respond to hair removal products. And no one can predict how your brother will react to this product.

Hair removal products have no effect on sexual functioning, except for the fact that if you develop a rash from using them, any kind of touch might be painful until you recover.
You can always test a little patch to see how your body reacts.  That would be much better than going all out and finding out it's uncomfortable, irritating or downright allergic.
Well thank you for your answers on my skin penis skin, testicles or on pubic hair area there is nothing like that allergy or skin irritating or any kind of reaction skin is OK....so i hope i should be using it for future?

Thanking you.

Actmale36
A related discussion, sudden rise in PSA was started.