Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Is mastubation effect on your sexual power

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

I used masturbation approximately 4 day in a week. I have one confusion that it may effect on my marrige life or not.As i heard that if a person regularly practice masturbation then I may possible that persone my loss its sexual power.please clearify...
Hello.

First, there's no such thing as "sexual power." There are so many myths about penises, self-pleasuring, semen, etc. Relax. There's nothing wrong with you. Read on.

Almost everyone feels insecure about masturbation—or self-pleasuring. We all want to know that what WE do is OK. From your note, it looks like you feel that it’s somehow harmful or wrong or that if you do it "too much," it will affect your sexuality with a partner. It sounds like you’re worried that self-pleasuring is some kind of “condition” or illness. Not true.

There are no data to indicate that self-pleasuring is in any way harmful or that there's an optimum number of times per day, or an age to start or stop, or any of the other myths you're likely to hear. In fact, most peoples' "facts" about self-pleasuring are really just uninformed opinions based on fear and misinformation.

Everyone is different, and everyone has differing sexual interests. There’s no optimum rate of self-pleasuring. For some of us, three times a day is just right, while for others, three times a year is all they desire—and everything in between.

Please stop worrying and enjoy your life. Accept self-pleasuring as a wonderful gift that keeps on giving.

Here are some facts about self-pleasuring:

It’s the surest way to orgasm and the most effective way to learn about our sexual response cycle, as well as the surest way men to learn orgasmic control.  If you feel you come too quickly, the surest way to slow down is to teach yourself a new pattern via self-pleasuring.

Another advantage is self-knowledge: How can you show a partner what you like if you don’t know yourself?

And the #1 reason for self-pleasuring: it’s fun!

Self-pleasuring is a part of who you are sexually—for your whole life, not just when you don’t have a partner. People self-pleasure from birth to death, when they’re alone and when they’re partnered. It’s just one of many options we have as sexual beings. It’s not better or worse than partner sex, just different—like steak is different than chicken.

Remember that all our scientific data show that the people who take responsibility for their OWN pleasure have the best sex lives and rate themselves as happiest about their sexuality. And when you begin having partnered sex, you'll already have lots of information about your likes and dislikes, what kind of touch you like, etc. Dr. J
1 Comment
A related discussion, fertility was started.