Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Not able to penetrate : Very small vaginal opening or tough hymen

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

I have been married since more than a month. Me and my husband are sharing a very good relationship. But, unfortunately we are not able to have a sex. We feel my vaginal opening is too small for the penis to penetrate or the hymen is too tough to break. It is not allowing penis to penetrate inside my vagina and whenever he tries penetrating with a force, it becomes very painful for me. We tried different positions also but it could not solve our problem. Then, he tried fingering also. But, he is able to insert only one finger. If he tries to insert two fingers, the pain becomes unbearable. Can u tell me how do i solve this problem ? Is there any other way to break the hymen ?
Hi.

First, there are several physical factors which can create pain, so you should see your gynecologist immediately to determine what's going on.

In addition, if you are anxious or uncomfortable about being sexual, this may inhibit your ability to become relaxed and aroused. If this is true for you, you need to examine what the reasons for this might be.

Also: stop putting pressure on yourself. Just relax and go slow. Try other ways of being sexual with your partner. There's lots of fun things to do besides penis-vagina sex. In discovering them, you may also discover your own unique erotic triggers which will help you to relax and get turned on. Best of luck to you. Dr. J
Just a thought? Either see a doc, or gradually with lube stretch yourself a little each day?  In the meantime, can you guys do a lot of oral and digital play?  Maybe you can get a series of graduated vibrators to use as dilators?
hey thanks for your help. we will definitely try this. Hope something works out for us.