Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Penis discharge

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Penis discharge

Several months ago my friend's husband started to have a discharge from his penis.  He went to the doctor several times and it was treated as a STD each time.  His wife finally went to the gynocolgist and got tested.  She was clean.  The test came back saying she did not have a STD.  He took several rounds of antibotics and finally cleared up.  The continued to use condomns for months.  One night they had no condoms and had sex.  He has a discharge again.  What could possibly be the cause of this?  Is it possible that he is allergic to her vaginal secretions?  The are both freaking out about this, seeing how the are competely faithful to eac other.

What was your doctor's diagnosis? I am sure he did not just say that there was an STD but rather, gave a specific diagnosis... If you can tell me that, I can give you more insight. I can guess at it, but I'd rather see what the on site physician had to say.

I find it curious that the discharge began again after intercourse. The only  non- STDs that I can think of that are contagious are not ordinarily smptomatic  in men. I am not an allergist however, so I wouldn't say this is an authoritative opinion!  After you tell me the original diagnosis I will see if this is something that could reoccur after treatment.  A good idea is to send this question to Hunter Hansfield who does the HIV and STD questions on this site.
some women are allergic to sperm so I would say some guys are allergic to vaginal secretions.
According to my friend, her husband's doctor just assumed it was a STD.  The doctor just listened to what her husband had to say describing the symptons, which were burning/stinging when he urinated, the tip of his penis was red, and the discharge was anywhere fron clear to yellow.  My friend's husband said the doctor took no sample, but just prescribed him some antibiotics.  He said the discharge was kinds runny a few months ago, but this time it's thick.  Almost like when you cut your finger and it gets infected and the pus that comes out when you squeeze it to get the infection out.
I think your friend should get tested again. False negatives do happen, so a lot (most?) doctors recommend treating both partners, even if one tests negative. And I think her husband needs to get tested, too - especially if his doctor had just assumed he had a STD without actual testing.
They are both going to the doctor this week  If you want I'll let you know how things turn out.
please post what happens, have similar problem.. thanks
She went to the doctor.  She's clean.  He went to the doctor and the doctor prescribed antibiotics.  The doctor didn't take anly kind of culture or urine.  A friend of his says it sounds like a really bad UTI and that the pain he describes sounds like either a couple of big  or a lot of small kidney stones tryinf to pass.  She's tryinfg to talk her husband into going to a different doctor.
i  notice that when i milk my penis that i have a discharge. While wearing a variety of underwear, I never witness a discharge from my penis. Is it possible that I have a std? I have schduled a appt with the doctor. I went several yares ago with the same thing and it came back negative that I had a STD, could this time be diffrent?
I think I have the same problem! What did you find out?