Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Raw Around Vagina AFTER sex?

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Raw Around Vagina AFTER sex?
Me and my boyfriend have been together for over a year. We do not have any STDs. However, it seems that if he gets off inside of me, then around MY outside lips of my vaginal opening, it gets raw and it burns. But if he pulls out, it doesn't do that?

Is there maybe a specific reason to what is causing this? We are trying to get pregnant but if he cant get off inside of me because it leaves me raw afterwards....I dont know what to do.
Hi.

No one can tell you exactly what’s happening without a physical exam. I can give you some ideas of things to try, but I encourage you to see your gynecologist as well, just in case you have an infection. And by the way, you can’t possibly know that neither of you has an STD without being tested, so please don’t be naïve about this.

Your partner’s diet could be an issue because diet can affect the acidic balance of semen. Your vagina needs a nice alkaline environment for optimum health, and if his semen is too acidic, this can cause irritation.

My guess, however, is that you’re not wet enough, and you’re getting rubbed raw. You should never have p-v sex without being sufficiently aroused. If your partner is thrusting too vigorously, this could cause irritation as well. If you ARE aroused but not producing enough lubrication, then try one of the lubes made for women. I recommend Replens, which is available at drugstores. Be sure to use a lube that is nonperfumed and non-irritating.

If none of the above works, you should see your gynecologist to determine whether you have an infection or other condition.  Dr. J
Well he could try changing his diet and also is it possible that you guys are kind off chafing each other?  Maybe going hairless, or using more lube would help?