Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
SexuAl abuse by doctor?

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

SexuAl abuse by doctor?

I hope this is this right forum.

Could you please explain if this is a normal medical procedure?

When I was a boy my parents took me too a psychiatrist. I was seven when I first went to this doc. At the time the doc put me on medications as I recall taking a pill everyday. when I was 13 my parents took me back to this same doctor. I remember asking why I had to see this doctor as I viewed it as a punishment. Anyways the doctor told me he would be conducting a physical exam; the exam entailed the doctor examining my testicles with a pin. The doctor lightly proded my testicles with this pin for several minutes. I remember feeling embarrassed and ashamed afterwards. It just seemed weird. My question to you; is this a
normal medical procedure for a psychiatrist in the Us to exam a child of 13 by lightly pricking the boys testicles with a pin? is there something he is testing for by doing his?

I have to say that it struck me as weird. I remember at the time I had some health concerns caused by a Lumpy formAtion near my nipple, the doctor said it was hormonAl
changes and requested that I pull
my trousers down. I refused and he becAme angry? I never returned, was this abuse? This happened more thAn 20 years ago, do I have recourse against this?

I have struggled with intimacy and closeness my Adult
life if this event is relevant to it
health concerns
  • Please help (6 replies):
    Question, when I was young I was taken by my parents to ...[more]
  • Dear Doc (5 replies):
    Hi im 18 and not sure if this is the right place and if ...[more]
Hello.

This is a question for a urologist. Please ask your question in the Urology Expert Forum at:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Urology/show/113
It takes great courage to talk about this. I think you should talk to a licensed therapist ( LCSW, MSW, PhD) about your current issues and eventually he/she (which ever person you're most comfortable talking with) will discuss your struggles until you are able to tell your parents.

I think the legal terms for your situation would be the lack of "informed consent" and "sexual misconduct". http://health-care.lawyers.com/Tell-Me-About-It-Informed-Consent.html

The most important thing is to see a counselor first. Some counselors have worked long enough to help you seek the legal means to resolve your case. Remember that going to your therapist is a safe place to talk, even though it it may be scary to talk about. Every counselor adheres to patient confidentiality until you and your counselor feel you are ready to discuss this issue with your parents and eventually through legal means.
Well i am a grown man and I don't think they really enter into it at this point
The timeliness of responses from doctors here is a joke, what a dissapointed.
I would have thought it a psychological issue. Considering you couldn't answer my question or seek out the right answer, maybe I can get my 12 dollars back.

Abyssmal service, when you pay for something I think you can expect better
Hello.

I'm sorry you're unhappy; however, I can't tell you whether what you experienced over 20 years ago was appropriate because I'm not a urologist.

Regarding a psychological issue: this issue is quite complex, and in order to give you further information, I'd need further data. You say you have struggled with intimacy and closeness. We are quite complex beings, and there are probably many reasons for your struggles. If you'd like to send me some more details about this issue, I'd be happy to respond. Dr. J