Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Sexual Attraction
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Sexual Attraction

I have been having questions about my sexuality + what sexual attraction is. Is sexual attraction determined by who you desire to have sex with or who you find more arousing to look at? Or either?  It's my nature to obsess over various issues and this is 1 of them. B/c I'm analyzing this so much, I feel so anxious + then my sexual desire plummets.  
I'm generally more aroused by the aesthetics of a woman's body over a man's (mainly in erotic pictures like Playboy) which made me wonder if I was a lesbian. However, if I try to think about sex with a woman, it usually feels weird. Have nothing against gays and lesbians and do not see homosexuality as wrong or unnatural. But it feels weird for me.  

If I look at a picture of a muscular guy, I usually won't feel aroused like for a picture of a scantily clad woman.  But when I spontaneously feel sexual desire, it's usually for a man + it feels really great and arousing + enjoyed physical intimacy with men. When a man I am interested is mutually interested in me, it's a thrilling feeling. It's usually for whatever man romantically interests me @ the time and it is some combo of looks and personality which makes me desire them...not looks alone and sometimes looks are not a big part @ all.

Taking both into account, this may make me bisexual.  But, I read that sexual fantasies don't mean anything in regards to sexual attraction.  Yesterday, I fantasized about a man sexually, + was getting turned on + then shortly into it, wondered if I was really attracted to the guy or not since I may not be turned on by just looking at the him.  Desire went away.  If sexual attraction is based primarily on who you get aroused by looks alone + sexual desire + fantasy do not mean anything, then it sounds like I could be lesbian?