Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Slightly elevated DHEA - cause for no sexual desire for boyfriend?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Slightly elevated DHEA - cause for no sexual desire for boyfriend?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I broke up with my boyfriend of one year due to not feeling the attraction or any interest sexually in him.  I felt we were more friends as I became more and more less turned on to him.  I just didn't feel interested anymore and figured we just were not sexually compatible and he just didn't do it for me.  I felt very sad about this as I love him and we get along great.

I wondered if my hormone levels are in normal range because one a year ago they were checked and everything was normal except the DHEA sulphate was slightly elevated.  The doctor told me normal is 7.3 and mine was 9.0. She said it was nothing to be concerned about and not to worry.  She said if it were 25.0, then she would be concerned.  I even asked my other doctor about it and she didn't seem concerned either.  So I forgot about it.

However, due to this recent breakup with my boyfriend and the reason being my lack of sexual turn on for him I remembered the DHEA sulphate results from a year ago. Would this affect my sexual desire?  Would it not make my desire more?

Also, the reason I never thought of the hormones at first is because I never felt a strong attraction to my boyfriend from the beginning.  I hoped that because of his kindness and good character my feelings would grow but they did not.  I'm hoping now that maybe it's a medical thing and that we could be together instead of me just not being physically/sexualy attracted to him.
PS. My age is 33 years old- if that helps

Thank you for your help!