Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Spreading of herpes
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Spreading of herpes

I was diagnosed with genital herpes a couple months back and have since entered into a relationship but we have not gone into the sexual portion of a relationship yet. I recently informed him of my condition. While he still wants to be with me, he is understandably hesitant to perform any kind of sexual act. He's asked me many questions about it, trying to educate himself and I've answered to the best of my ability from what my doctor told me, but there were a couple of questions that I didn't know the answer to. . . is it possible to get herpes from "fingering" a woman or from the fluids that end up on the bedsheets? We are both very much aware that oral is out of the question, condoms must be used, and no sex during an outbreak. If there are any other precautions that we should take please let me know.