Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Transmission of e-coli during anal sex

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Transmission of e-coli during anal sex

Everytime I have anal sex I get a UTI.  How can I revent this?
Hi.

You should never put anything in your vagina after putting it in your anus. This is because the bacteria that live in the anus can affect the protective bacteria that live in your vagina. They just don't get along. So if you're going to have anal sex before vaginal sex, use one condom for anal sex and then change to a new one for vaginal sex. Or switch the sequence and have vaginal sex first. Dr. J
If you are going from anal to vaginal sex, you will continue to get UTI's.  The best way is to use a condom during anal, then your man can quickly take it of before proceeding to other areas.
when you go back and forth the bacteria from you anal gets into your vagina and that will cause u to get a uti.... so do what was suggested above or go vaginal first and finish with anal
Are there any anal washes I can use to clean inside first?