Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
What could be causing my sudden frequent light periods?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What could be causing my sudden frequent light periods?

I am 27 and my periods have never been predictable to the day and time, but I can usually have a range that I can guess off of.  In the past year, I have ranged from 24-32days in between my period.  They usually start off heavy for a day or two then taper off to a light flow.  In the past 8 weeks I have had 4 light periods that usually last 5 to 7 days.  They are brown to pink in color. I haven't really noticed red too much. In May I had a female examination, PAP and STD testing done for an IUD procedure.  I did not go through with the IUD procedure, but all labs and tests came back A-Okay.  My fiancé and are in a monogamous relationship.  So I know this disturbance in my cycle is not from an STD.  In April I had a MRI of my abdomen to diagnose any lumbar spine issues and my doctor noted that my reproductive system looked good with no cysts or anything. I am not on hormornal birth control and about four weeks ago my sex-drive was on over-drive for about a week.  I couldn't get enough of it, it was all I could think about.  My fiance even asked me what was up. That’s when I decided on taking a pregnancy test. So I took a couple pregnancy tests to make sure that I wasn’t pregnant. I took them a week a part and both came back negative.  I have taken one again today because the past two-weeks my nipples have been sore, but I get soreness sometimes but it usually doesn’t last this long.  The pregnancy test was also negative today. My concerns are being on my period every other week, frequent constipation (which I never have had a problem with because I am conscious of my fiber intake), bloating, constant breakouts on my face, feeling blah, and always carrying tampons on me just in case I need one.  I left a message at my doctor’s office today to make an appointment to go see her. But till then can anyone give me some insight?  I am in touch with my body so I am aware something is up!