Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
What happens if I stop masturbating right in the middle of it?

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Hi, I am an 18 year old male and I masturbate in my sleep a lot, and I always wake up before I eject (thankfully) so I was wondering what if I don't finish it off? Is it bad for my health? Does the Semen clog me up?
Short answers: 1) No; 2) No

There are lots of myths about semen, all of them based on misinformation.

Your semen is not harmful to you. When it's stored in your testicles, if it's not ejaculated from your body, the sperm cells essentially evaporate, and your body produces new ones. This is happening 24/7.

However, if you continually become sexually aroused and don't have an orgasm, you may eventually feel some discomfort in your crotch due to the fact that during sexual arousal, lots of blood flows to that area, and without orgasm, it doesn't dissipate back into the rest of your body as quickly as it does after orgasm. This can leave you with a feeling of fullness, which some people find uncomfortable. However, it's not harmful.

Remember that everyone is different. If you enjoy self-pleasuring in your sleep, but don't want to orgasm, as long as you feel fine about it, no problem. And if you want to complete a pleasurable experience with an orgasm, go for it. Dr. J