Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
bleeding and cramping the next day after sex.

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

I recently had a baby about three months ago and I have had my period since then in feb. 25 and another on march 24, well my partner and I had sex last night well early thursday morning it was about 1am, but the sex was kinda rough at times because he came from behind ( and it felt like he was really deep inside) and well I am pretty sure i wasnt bleeding or spotting last night after sex and so I went on to bed and got up this moring, I didnt really noticed anything till this afternoon till i when to the bathroom and i had light bleeding going on. Everytime we have had sex we have used protection and the condom has been checked to make sure it was totally ok, so im pretty sure im not pregant. I am just confused could i be bleeding and cramping alittle because of the rough sex last night or could i be experiencing another period this soon?  Because it kinda feels like a period. I am just not for sure, I havent had this really before.
I'm not sure either. The only way to find out what's going on is to see your gynecologist.

Know this: during orgasm, your uterus will contract (cramp), expelling any blood or tissue. It's not uncommon for there to be residual blood/tissue several months after childbirth. But if you're worried, get checked. And it's not a good idea to have rough sex 3 months after childbirth. Tell your partner to take it easy for awhile while you heal. Dr. J