Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
burning and bleeding vagina

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

burning and bleeding vagina

So my boyfriend and I have been fooling around for awhile and last week we started having sex. Well last night was the first time he went "all the way in"... my vagina is really tight while he is really large.. well I made him pull out because it starting hurting really bad and it felt like a huge pinch. This morning I woke up and I have seriously been sitting on the the toilet all day because it feels like every couple minutes I need to go, but when I do go to the bathroom its a sharp burning pain and bleeding from my vagina... I am scared what is happening with me right now and could really use advise what to do.
Hi Sara:

First of all, I can't tell you how many times I've answered this question. So many women are unaware of how to take care of themselves once they become sexual with another person. I'm glad you brought up this issue again, because it gives me the opportunity to share some information with you and lots of other women readers.

You need to find a good gynecologist now that you're having penis-vagina sex. Most women are more comfortable with another woman—especially if it’s a new experience for them. If cost is an issue, check out your local Planned Parenthood clinic or other low-cost women’s clinic.

The bleeding is a sign that you've experienced some tearing of the vaginal opening. It’s possible that frequent vigorous thrusting is irritating the tissue on the top wall of your vagina or your urethra, both of which can be painful—especially if you’re not sufficiently aroused and lubricated.

If you’re not wet enough, you’re getting rubbed raw. You should never have p-v sex without being sufficiently aroused. If you ARE aroused but not producing enough lubrication, then try one of the lubes made for women. Be sure to use a lube that is nonperfumed and non-irritating. I recommend Replens, which is available at drugstores. And be sure to talk with your partner about not thrusting so hard because it’s hurting you.

You may have a bladder infection, so you’ll definitely need to see a gynecologist. In the meantime, drink lots of cranberry juice to flush out the uric acid.

Remember: do not have p-v sex until you’re aroused and wet; otherwise you’re looking at a lifetime of bladder infections plus other health issues. Good luck to you. Dr. J
Have you ever had sex before that? If so, have you ever had sex with somebody as well endowed as your BF?
Yes I have.
Did you use a condom to avoid STDs?  You could have a STD or a yeast infection.  Go see your doctor.