Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
cervic stitch

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

cervic stitch
Ok this is my question i am 6 wks and they are going to put a cervic stitch in will me and my bf beable to have sex at all well its in?
Hello

Cervical stitches may become necessary to close off the cervix to keep it from dilating prior to delivery. This is absolutely a question you MUST ask your gynecologist. And don't be shy! Each woman has a unique health history. Some women may be able to have penis-vagina sex without endangering their pregnancy, while for others, it's not a good idea. Only your doc knows for sure, based on your unique health history. Also be aware that even if your doc says it's OK for a couple of months, deep penetration may be painful for either or both of you, due to the stitches. Some men report that they can feel them hit the end of the penis. Again, talk to your doc ASAP. Dr. J
Ok thanks