Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
circumcision mistake?

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

circumcision mistake?

I am cauc male, 50 yrs. My entire sexual life I have always wondered why my penis, which seems very normal in its non-aroused state, curves significantly during erection.

It is centered, not curving off to the left or right. It had always controlled the positions (see LIMITED) I could engage my partners in. While my only partner for the past 20 years has been my wife and she knows the routine, I am curious if something can be done with surgery.

My wife, for example, cannot sit up on me straight because of the angle, she me always lean forward 45 degrees or more. While I enjoy her breats in my face, sometimes we'd like other options. If I'm on top I must always be near parallel with her (as opposed to perpendicular).

When fully erect (and fortunately even at my age I have no trouble arriving at that state with just a thought or touch) my penis is slightly painful as if it is larger than the skin it is contained in allows. The skin is pulled very tight.

Anyhow, my non-medical mind leads me to believe that maybe when this infant was circumcised, that the doc cut off too much skin. Moreso on the top side which could explain why it is forced to curve upward.

Would it be too weird or unheard of to graph some skin in there to allow the penis to extend straight out as far as it wants to go and not be forced to curve?

If so, what specific doctor would I look for and exactly how do I address this issue? I don't believe I would want to use our medical plan because I'm sure my wife wouldn't want to hear 'thru the grapevine' that her husband got a longer penis.
First of all , I do think you should use your medical plan. Your wife should know about any surgery- even if its elective- that you do.  How can you hide it from her? If you do something the penis will probably have some post operative sensitivity and even inactivity. Do you really want to keep such an important situation from your wife? I think she would be really hurt if you don't share this with her--and she finds out later what happened. Any surgical intervention ( assuming you have one) has it's risks= what if there was some kind of complication? I urge you to be honest abou this one. You would want to go to your urologist and talk about the situation in your medical plan.,,

As for what is going on-- there are actually some diseases that cause the penis to curve-- and it may even be progressive.
I am not going to guess from this far-but it could be a disease- or it could be too tight a circumcision -- but you really should go find out.  Have you never told a doctor about this before? Has a doctor ever examined your penis? If it is one of the disease caused problems, a doctor would recognize it right away--( Or should!)

I do not know what the medical solutions to the problem would be since I don't know which of these problems is causing the angulation of your penis. But I urge you to go see a urologist and get a proper diagnosis. And I double urge you to be honest and sharing with your wife. She will notice a difference if there is any surgical answer to this issue. Don't lock her out of your life.
There isn't anything wrong with a curvey fella. We are all made differently. Not all women are the same, we all want to have a perfect vagina like the playboy models do. But some of us have longer lips, different color, etc.
Don't do anything to change it. It's a part of you, and is an extreamly sensative part of your anatomy. Its one thing to get a face lift or a tummy tuck, or a boob job, but it's another thing to mess with your personal anatomy. Boobs will always be boobs, tummys can always be tucked, etc. But just because your manhood is a bit curvy, dosn't mean that it's not as good as a straight one.
I knew a guy that used to say "chicks can't hang with the boomawang" And if you can only guess what that meant. hehe. :-) Good luck with your decisions. I hope everything works out in whatever choice you make.
Sorry that I wasn't very clear. It would NOT be a secret from my wife (for very obvious reasons). Not wanting my wife to hear about it 'thru the grapevine' meant that I didn't want my wife to have the subject of my surgery discussed among friends or peers or anyone else who just happened to know one of us.

I can't imagine that it is a disease. If if is, well, it must not be too dangerous because the best my memory serves me I first recognized this situation when I was about 13 yrs old.

Thanks for the response though.
curving penis is not rare, and a doctor can direct you