Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
help me?

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

help me?

My last boyfriend would fondle me and I would never feel anything sexually it would take him touching my nipple for a few minutes for it to turn me on, he would massage my breast and i'd start falling asleep because it was comfortable  like a shoulder massage.... Also inside my vagina I never feel anything sexual its just like its there and its weird, a few times I'd ask myself what he was doing then remembered "oh ya its supposed to feel good". I'm also a virgin if that means anything. The only thing that turns me on is my clitoris.. And I've never had an orgasm. Is that bad?
Hello

Hi there. I'm so glad you asked about orgasms and your sexuality because the more knowledge you have, the happier your sex life will be.

Most of us learn about women’s orgasms from movies, TV and books. You know: the perfect, romantic, spontaneous, simultaneous, earth-moving Big O. We’re supposed to orgasm from 2 minutes of penis-vagina sex in the missionary position in the dark with a partner who is clueless. So we put this pressure on ourselves and are mostly disappointed when it doesn’t happen.

Here’s the reality: In women, the clitoris must be stimulated—either directly or indirectly—in order for orgasm to happen. The clitoris is our primary sex organ--not the vagina--and consists of the glans (glands) (or head), the hood which covers the glans (glands), and the shaft. Most women do not orgasm from penis-vagina sex alone, so please don't put pressure on yourself to do so.

For most women, orgasm results from a constant circular motion around the shaft and glans (glands). Also important to know is that once a woman’s orgasm begins, if the stimulation is removed, the orgasm will end. Orgasm is characterized by a series of pleasurable, involuntary contractions in and around the vulva (clitoris, vagina and inner/outer lips). Most women have between 5 and 8 contractions per orgasm.

It takes time and practice to learn about your own orgasms before you share them with a partner, and it's important that you “own” your orgasm fully and not let someone else define how you should be responding. The best way to find out what you like is to experiment when you’re alone. Check out the area around your clitoris first. Be sure to use some lubrication and gently touch around the top and sides to find out what feels good. You may need to do this many times before you get comfortable and used to the intensity. Find the sensitive spots that feel good. The best part of this learning experience is that it’s fun!

Also: if you find yourself bored or anxious while being sexual, trying using your brain--your most important sex organ. Your brain can turn you on better than any hand, penis, toy, etc. That's right. Try creating a hot fantasy. Many women find that using fantasy allows them to get over any inhibitions they have about sex.

Once you understand your own body’s responses, then you can begin to share them with a partner—even more fun! Be patient. It takes time to learn and to build up trust, but if you do this now, you’ll be setting yourself up for yummy sex for the rest of your life. I highly recommend the book, "For Yourself: The Fulfillment of Female Sexuality," by Lonnie Barbach. It's widely available in paperback, and is a step-by-step program for learning about your own sexual response. In addition, it contains lots of sharing by women about their own personal journeys of sexual self-discovery. I think it will help you immensely.

And one final word about orgasms: They last about 10 seconds, and yet we put so much value on them. Besides orgasm, there are lots of pleasurable things to enjoy during sex--whether it's with yourself or with a partner. So please don't focus solely on orgasm. If you put that kind of pressure on yourself, it becomes a "job" instead of fun. And sex can be lots of fun if you relax and enjoy all the sensations. Sex is a grand buffet of wonderful dishes. If you focus on only one, you'll miss out on all the other wonderful flavors. Good luck! Dr. J
How old are you? If you are pretty young then its not like super rare that you never have had an orgasm. . Especially also since you are a virgin and your bf just fondles you, maybe hes young and doesnt know what hes doing quite yet. . .
Just noticed you said your 'last' bf. . . (Btw)
16 almost 17 and its like that even if its self administered
So even if you masturbate you don't orgasm? . . Honestly i will be upfront with you, you are young, i didnt even have my first real orgasm till quite some time, i was sexually active at ur age but i can relate to ur story now, it wasnt for a while till i was feeling amazing during anything sexual really. . Im 22 now and in my opinion ur situation seems to have a lot to do with age. . Is this really a concern for you right now?