Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
high libido
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

high libido

My question is regarding a noticeable increase in my libido in this recent month.  I have been switched to a few anti-depressants as I have seen unacceptable side effects with one medication after another.  I am currently on Cymbalta and for the past month or so have been pretty happy w/ it.  I didn't experience severe mood swings.  I have also been diagnosed w/ endometriosis and have had serious thoughts of going through full hysterectomy.  I have gone through full range of abdominal pains, mainly medium to slightly severe.  But it changes by the month.  As I am now almost 42, I have speculated that this may be the onset of menopause.  This past month, my period lasted 13 days (which I have not experienced before during a "regular" cycle).  From the 14th day til about the 21st day, my libido have been insatiable, and caused me to have promiscuous activities.  My husband got concerned and suspected my anti-depressant as the culprit.  He decided to curb my sexual appetite by restricting intercourse w/ him no more than once a day, and only at certain time of the day.  This got me very frustrated and eventually triggered a suicidal attempt as soon as a relationship problem arose.  At this time, my 25th day of my cycle, my libido has tapered down.  However, now I am experiencing depression.  I have been experiencing some slight abdominal cramping for the past few days so I am pretty sure I will be going through my next period cycle.  What could have caused this sudden increase in sex drive?  Why is this happening now?  Please I am desperate for help.