Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
hymen breaking after first few intercourses
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

hymen breaking after first few intercourses

i am a 20 years old virgin girl.i know that i have intact hymen( i mean, my hymen is not broken yet. ).i already know that hymen may break during non-sexual activities like using tampoon, fingering, falling down , exercise or bike riding.i want to ask question about breaking hymen during FIRST TIME SEX or after FIRST FEW intercourses.
MY QUESTION--if a virgin girl has intact hymen and her hymen is not broken yet in non-sexual activities,
(1) DOES HER HYMEN ALWAYS BREAK & BLEED IN FIRST TIME SEX ?
(2)OR CAN HER HYMEN  SURVIVE IN FIRST TIME SEX AND CAN HER HYMEN BREAK & BLEED , LATER ON, ANYTIME, AFTER FIRST FEW INTERCOURSES ?
Related Discussions
523042_tn?1212181495
Everyone is different. Some hymens bleed profusely when broken; others don't bleed at all.

By the time we reach puberty, our hymen has already begun to wear away. If it didn't, it would impossible for our menstrual blood to exit the body. A lot of women break their hymens through nonsexual means. This could include tampon insertion, horse or bicycle riding, dancing, gymnastics and other strenuous exercises. But yes, some women's hymens tear during the first time they have sexual penetration (that includes by penis, fingers, toys, etc.).

Some women have really thick hymens that are resistant to tearing. This can be a problem if they want to use a tampon or if they are having trouble having sexual intercourse. If this is the case for you, you can see your gynecologist, and s/he can perform a quick hymenotomy (this involves the hymen a quick, surgical snip). Dr. J

1 Comment
Blank
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank