Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
i am late for my period

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

i am late for my period

So I was suppose to start my period over two weeks ago, my boyfriend pulls out and he's very good at it. We just starting having sex 3 weeks ago. My body couldn't tell I'm pregnant this early! It feels like I'm on my period minus the bleeding. I don't understand what could it be? My lower back kills and I havve a huge headache that won't go away for about two weeks now ever since I was suppose to start my period. Someone help!
Hello

You may indeed be pregnant. To find out, your first step is to take a pregnancy test which is available at any pharmacy. You are woefully ignorant about reproduction. Your body can indeed send you signals of pregnancy within a few weeks of fertilization.

And pulling out is one of the riskiest activities because men's bodies produce a fluid which lubricates the urethra, and this fluid can contain MILLIONS of sperm. So you see, it's not only possible to get pregnant from using this method, but it's also highly probable.

You need accurate information about sexuality and risk reduction. Please go to the forum for more information about choosing a method that will work best for you:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Birth-Control-Contraception-/show/382

Good luck! Dr. J
First of all, "pulling out" isn't a very effective method of birth control regardless of how "good" your boyfriend is at it. Pre-ejaculate, which is the "wetness" a male gets when he is turned on does contain semen and can get you pregnant.

Secondly, there are a number of reasons why you could be late for your period; illness, stress, diet, etc.

If you are late for your period and have had unprotected sex, go get a pregnancy test or schedule an appointment with your doctor.
Backache, feeling like you should be on your period without the bleeding and late period are classic signs of early pregnancy.

My advice is your boyfriend clearly wasn't good enough, get yourself a pregnancy test to either confirm or exclude pregnancy. If the latter I would suggest using birth control to prevent this happening again.
A related discussion, Shall i worry about pregnancy? was started.