Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
masturbation in my sleep
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

masturbation in my sleep

I’ve only joined this site to find out this one thing…
I'm quite embarrassed about this, and this is my first attempt to seek some form of an answer. I just can't go on wondering...

A year ago, I went on a trip with some friends, sharing a room with two of my friends, both girls.
After noticing a change in their attitude towards me half way through the trip, I confronted them, to find that they were angry at me for something I had no idea I'd done.
They told me that at about 4:00 that morning, they had been woken up to me masturbating…loudly.
When they told me this, I was gob-smacked, and mortified. I didn't recall a thing and up until then, as far as I knew I was a normal sleeper.
Since then I've heard nothing else from it, and to the best of my knowledge, it hasn't happened again, I hope. But I always worry, what will happen if I ever stay at another person’s house, or if I go on another holiday with friends.
I also wonder if it may have had something to do with the stressful break-up I'd been going through, about a week before the trip.
I don't know if it was a one time thing due to stress and emotions, or whether it's more complicated.

In short, my main concern is that I’m doing ‘things’ in my sleep that I’m completely unaware of, and it scares me that it could be affecting other people, and it would be incredibly embarrassing for me.
Everyone says that ‘masturbation is natural’ and ‘it’s nothing to be ashamed of’ but, in a room with two other people?

I just hope to God it never happens again, and any recommendations in order to prevent it would be deeply appreciated, as well as some sort of clue as to what happened to me that night.