Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
penis skin

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

penis skin

So a couple of weeks ago I got oral sex and didn't finish. As soon as she left i masturbated dry and finished. An hour later i looked down and there was a decent sized circle of red on the skin. This peels and doesn't hurt at all! and then my new gf gave me a hand job a couple of days ago and it was dry and now i have little tears on the head of my penis. what can i do to heal all of this?
Hi.

You're probably figured this out already, but here it is: use lubricant! Stop having dry sex. Respect the skin on your penis. It's very delicate, and if you irritate it, it will flake, peel and ache.

Also: various soaps can also irritate your penis. Be sure to use a soap that doesn't have perfurme or any alcohol. And use lubricants that don't contain alcohol either. Give your penis a few days to heal, find a lubricant that works for you, and have fun. Here's some general information about lubricants:

Lubricants are made from various ingredients and come in many different formulas, textures, tastes, all for different occasions and preferences: slippery, pungent, colorful, messy. Before you decide which lube is right for you, consider what you will be using it for:

The vast majority of lubes are water-based. This is a good thing. Brands such as Liquid Silk, Astroglide and Replens are highly versatile, perfect for self-pleasuring, internal, and external use. Because the first ingredient of a water-based lube is water, these lubes tend to be less irritating than other types. Plus, they’re compatible with virtually any material–latex, silicone, and cyberskin. They may dry-out more quickly than silicone or oil-based lube, leaving the lubed area feeling tacky. But all you have to do is add a bit of water to the lubed-up area and voila! Wet again.

Many water-based lubes come in liquid (thinnest), cream and gel (thickest) formulas. Some people prefer liquid lubricants because the consistency resembles the body’s natural juices. Others swear by the creams. For anal play, gels such as Slippery Stuff and Probe are a good choice because they’re heavier and provide extra-slick protection for that sensitive anal tissue.

Oil-based lubricants can be fun for men’s self-pleasuring. They’re not a great choice for women because they can cause yeast-infections. And remember they’ll destroy latex, including diaphragms and cervical caps that are made from rubber. Never, ever use an oil-based lube with condoms; they’ll break almost instantly. Don’t believe me? Try it.

Flavored lubricants are lots of fun for external use including oral sex, but don’t use them internally—they can irritate those delicate mucous membranes.

The latest addition to the lube arsenal is silicone, which provides extra slipperiness. And they last, and last! Especially good for sex in water because they stay slick, they’re also odorless and almost tasteless. They’re also safe with latex and are fine for anal play because of their staying power.

Check the ingredients before buying: some lubes contain glycerin, which can alter your pH balance. If you’re a woman who’s prone to yeast infections, you’ll want to be sure to stay away from glycerin and look for lubes that are chemical-free and non-irritating. You can even find lubes that are organic!

If you are unsure what kind of lube to try, well you know what I’m going to say. That’s right: it’s time to test a bunch and find out what works best for you  Good luck to you. Dr. J