Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
sex

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

sex
Is it bad to have sex if I'm in my period? And can I become pregnant?
There's nothing bad, wrong or unhygienic about having sex during your period. In fact, there's now a handy little product called the Diva Cup that keeps blood from flowing while you're being sexual. Check it out at your local drugstore. It looks like a little cap; it fits over the cervix (at the top of your vagina). You put it in before sex, and it serves as a reservoir for the blood. When you're done, just pull it out, wash it, and store it away for next time.

Many women find they enjoy sex during their period. It alleviates cramps and also helps us to feel more attractive and desirable when we might be feeling grouchy or bloated.

Generally speaking, it's not impossible to become pregnant during your period. That's because sperm can live a very long time. Some women might get some very light bleeding during their cycle and think it's their period, when, in fact, it's not. They assume they can't get pregnant, when, in fact, they can. That's why you should never assume you can't get pregnant and always use contraception. Dr. J
Hi to start off its very unhygienic so don't do it.