Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
white stuff around clitoris

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

white stuff around clitoris

I've always noticed that a white stuff accumulates around my clitoris under the hood and also around my vagina, specially under the folds. my discarge is never smelly but this white layer around my clitors has bad smell. makes my vagina smell too. I clean 3 times per day but it still keeps accumulating althroughout the day. it won't go away just by washing. I actually have to rub it off ..sticks to my skin like glue. is it normal or does this have underlying serious causes?
Tags: help me
Hello.

First of all, no one can diagnose your condition without a thorough exam and lab tests, so I'd suggest if you want to be sure it's not something, see your gynecologist.

If it's merely a yeast infection, there are several over-the-counter medications available at your local pharmacy. In order to prevent future yeast infections, it's important to understand where they come from.

There are a lot of different causes of yeast infections. Some of the most common are:

Antibiotics: Can kill off the healthy bacteria which are needed to keep everything in balance in your vagina.

Tight clothing, especially man-made fibers: things like tight polyester pants, pantyhose, and undergarments which aren't cotton are big causes. The vulva and vagina like to be able to "breathe."

Douching or feminine "hygiene" sprays, as well as deodorant tampons and anything that goes in or on your vulva and smells like roses. Your vagina is a self-cleaning organ, and gets really angry when you try and do its job for it with chemicals. Spermicides can also have this effect. A general rule is: Never, ever put anything perfumed in or near your vagina.

Birth control pills and other hormonal methods of birth control: Some women react strongly to the amount of hormones in this method, and this can change the composition of the cervical mucus, causing yeast infections.

Diet: high levels of simple sugars, processed foods and simple carbs can be a contributor to yeast infections. Some food allergies can also cause yeast infections.

Sexual transmission: men CAN have yeast infections (their doctors may call it "jock itch" which can make it tough for a guy to even know he has a yeast infection), and women who are sexual partners can also transmit them between each other.

Other health conditions or diseases: a common way women find out they have adult-onset Diabetes, for instance, is often due to getting chronic yeast infections. Some other conditions that can contribute include HIV, Lyme disease, and other conditions which compromise the immune system.

Sounds kind of complicated, doesn't it? Knowledge is power, and the more you know, the better you can take care of your sexual health. Dr. J
sounds to me toots like you have a yeast infection i could b wrong but thats what it sounds like go to the pharmacist and ask what to use for a yeast infection he or she will direct you in the right direction.  So good luck