Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
why does doggy style hurt?

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

why does doggy style hurt?
My girlfriend always has pain when we do it doggystyle.  She thinks I am hitting her cervix.  How can we have sex in that position without hitting the cervix?  We usually have doggystyle with her on her hands and knees.  Sometimes we do it with her face in a pillow, no hands, on her knees.  Either variation of doggystyle hurts.  Could someone explain to me where the cervix is located if I am behind my girlfriend while she is on her hands and knees?  Note:  I am average sized
Hello.

The cervix is located at the very end of the vaginal barrel. Once a woman is very turned on, the cervix rises up and out of the way. If a woman isn't sufficiently aroused, the cervix may get bumped by the penis, which can cause cramping/pain. So the solution is not to have doggy-style sex, during which the penis penetrates deeply until and unless your girlfriend is very, very turned on. Or you could try not thrusting so deeply and asking your girlfriend how it feels. Ask her to tell you when it's getting uncomfortable and then try another position. Dr. J
that can be an uncomfortable position for women, simply because it's a deeper penetration.  I find that if i'm stimulated enough beforehand it's easier to be in that position.....
I'm not against the concept; but, I've never been able to tolerate anal sex either.
A related discussion, Painful Intercourse was started.