Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
yeast infections and blisters

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

yeast infections and blisters

ok...i went to the gynecologist for the first time today because i have a yeast infection. while i was being examined, the person checking me told me i had blisters and then asked me about my sexual history. so i told her im a virgin and i mean a real virgin (havent tried a single thing) and then asked about chemicals and the like but she believes i may have herpes so she took a swab. i wont know the results for another week but im curious...can you get blisters from a yeast infection?? ive heard you can but i dont know...

thanks.
Blisters usually indicate Herpes Simplex, which can be acquired from non-sexual contact. I'm curious as to why you didn't ask your healthcare professional your question, and I want to encourage you to be an active consumer and always get complete information.

Most people don’t understand that there are two types of Herpes: HSV-I (“cold sores”) and HSV-II, which usually occur around your crotch or that general area. And, yes, cold sores, the oral herpes virus, can be transmitted from mouth/face to any other part of the body, so it's possible that you have HSV-I. In the case of oral HSV-I, many of the approximately 100 million Americans who are infected acquired the virus when they were children. Most people never experience another outbreak after the initial one; however, if you do, there are several drugs available that can lessen symptoms of any subsequent outbreaks. And, of course, once you become sexual with a partner, you'll need to use a barrier method of risk reduction to avoid infecting your partner.

Talk with your healthcare provider about treatment options. Best of luck to you. Dr. J
well not exactly what i was hoping to hear but yea. and i did ask about the blisters but she said she wasnt sure of what it was so she took the culture anyway just to be safe.

having my fingers crossed that im a ok!!!
I had this exact situation ,i went to my doctor with itching burning redness and had a few Bumps,i was told 3 times i had a yeast infection and even in the er that said thats what it was.Well after treatment didnt help and some of the worst pain in my life i was frustrated i kept insisting is was herpes and they kept insisting it wasnt,they said they bumps were ingrown hairs from shaving ,they did a herpes blood test negittive.I went home still aggravated that I didnt have a solution ,more bumps appeared My doctore had me come in for a culture and sure enough HSV type 1 I got it from a cold sore on my boyfriends mouth .
by the way I have had it for 3 years and only had the initial outbreak if you have type one you rarely if ever get outbreaks