Is this skin thing shingles? have NOT been to a doc.
Below are pics I took. This is the 2nd time I have had this rash in the EXACT same spot and exact same size. Its been about a year since it happend last. I looked EVERYWHERE on the internet, and I think its shingles but its sooo small about the size of a quarter, and its in the exact same place. It starts as an itchy red area and then blisters form, painful to the touch but not crazy pain. Last time after the blisters cleared, it just went away...now its back...Any ideas at all? Oh the rash is right below my belly button as you can see in one of the pics.

http://tinypic.com/r/21zc4x/5
and
http://tinypic.com/r/1zx84fp/5
Thanks SOO much in advance!
It might be. But, from my understanding, shingles only erupts in certain areas, because the virus lives in specific nerves. The only way to know for certain is to go to a doctor (if that is possible) or maybe someone else here will have more information than I can provide. Shingles generally affects one side of a person's body; this might be something else if it's not on either side. From what I've read, shingles only erupts in uncharacteristic places if you have immune dysfunctions --but the literature gives the impression that this rash would be everywhere. However, I am not a professional, and there might be cases where the virus was only in nerves not corresponding to the most common shingle sites. Maybe?

But, honestly, only sure way to know is to go to the doctor, get a blood test, and get a prescription for the antiviral drugs if it IS herpes zoster. I've never had shingles myself, but my boyfriend has a couple times... They looked more red, more blistery, scabbed over and were in the classic shingles sites (his last outbreak was on his left shoulder; he has severe scarring --which is rare I guess-- on the right-hand side of his back in two bands from having shingles when he was younger). If you look at the "common shingles sites chart", he was literally that guy.  Try calamine lotion to calm your skin and dry it out. Is it possible that this is an allergic reaction to a belt buckle? Sometimes we can develop metal sensitivities with season changes/blood chemistry changes. Hard to say. Hopefully someone else will reply and have more/better information.