Shingles Community
Neck, clavical, and jaw pain post shingles

WELCOME TO THE SHINGLES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Shingles such as: Causes, Chicken Pox, Complications, Diagnosis, Medications, Prevention, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Self Care, Symptoms Tests, Treatment, Vaccines, Varicella Zoster Virus, VZV and Warning Signs.

I am 56 years old and am just getting over a case of shingles.  The most troubling pain the past few days has been in my collar bone, my jaw,and in my neck (at the back of my head).  The shingles lesions have been in an around my left ear, across my cheek,and down onto the side of my neck.  The constant ache of my collar bone and jaw are making it almost impossible to sleep, and the pain in my neck makes it difficult to find a place to position my head that doesn't hurt.  Is this normal?  If so, how long should I expect to have to endure these symptoms???