Shingles Community
Painful ulcers in lower lip

WELCOME TO THE SHINGLES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Shingles such as: Causes, Chicken Pox, Complications, Diagnosis, Medications, Prevention, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Self Care, Symptoms Tests, Treatment, Vaccines, Varicella Zoster Virus, VZV and Warning Signs.

Painful ulcers in lower lip

Is it possible to have Shingles on my lower lip?  I have never ever had a cold sore or fever blisters but woke to have two circular VERY painful ulcers (8-10) on each side of my lower lip.  My lip is also red and 2-3 times the regular size. I have lost 5 lbs (in 4 days) as I cannot eat correctly and am drinking weak soups and teas.  I had the Shingles once before on my abdomen and quite well remember the burning pain that comes with them.  They look similar too.
I have had a rare gray spot on m gums in the past usually related to dental work.  This lip problem is nothing like the gum ulcer or boil I have experienced.  I have had a very low grade fever and the chills and feel quite unwell.  I have a dr appointment next week and cannot get in any sooner.  Thanks!