Shingles Community
Recurrent Shingles/Corticosteroid Injections
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE SHINGLES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Shingles such as: Causes, Chicken Pox, Complications, Diagnosis, Medications, Prevention, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Self Care, Symptoms Tests, Treatment, Vaccines, Varicella Zoster Virus, VZV and Warning Signs.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Recurrent Shingles/Corticosteroid Injections

Around 12/15/12, I had severe right leg pain and tenderness for 2 days before I broke out with shingles that started on my foots with patches that eventually worked all the way up my leg. About a week ago (approx. 3 weeks after the last breakout), I had what felt like a heart attack, severe pain, and tenderness in my left arm and chest for 2 days before having another break out of shingles on my left pectoral with diffuse spots radiating in a band across my collar bone towards my sternum.

Ever since a 7 month chemo course 5 years ago, I have had a "low normal" WBC. Also, I have received 3 spinal, corticosteroid injections (Celestone) 11/28/12, 2/13/13, and 3/6/13 for 6 damaged lumbar discs. Before these injections, I never had a shingles outbreak. Typically, these injections are supposed to be every 4-6 months, not monthly, but I have been suffering from severe sciatica and paralysis. I have another injection coming up in mid-April.

Is this going to happen with every injection? Is there anything I can do to strengthen my immune system or deflect the shingles? Has anyone dealt with this before?

Please help.
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Shingles Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...