Shingles Community
Shingles developing in a second location?

WELCOME TO THE SHINGLES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Shingles such as: Causes, Chicken Pox, Complications, Diagnosis, Medications, Prevention, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Self Care, Symptoms Tests, Treatment, Vaccines, Varicella Zoster Virus, VZV and Warning Signs.

A week ago I noticed pain in the right hand side of my neck and quickly developed a rash. Not knowing what it was I assumed allergic reaction as it appeared to be like a nettle rash. Anyway, it got more painful and scabs started to form so I went to the docs who said she thought it had probably been shingles. She gave me some antiviral cream and I went away reasonably happy that I was on the mend and the rash and pain would go eventually. However today I've started to feel the same initial feeling on the inside of my right upper arm, near my elbow.

Is it possible to get another outbreak during the first one?
Is it worth going back to the docs for the antiviral medicine that I understand can only be effective in the first 72 hours?

I'm quite concerned as I work around children and obviously don't want to be making them ill!

Thanks in advance
Tags: shingles