Shingles Community
Shingles/no rash/nipple pain?

WELCOME TO THE SHINGLES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Shingles such as: Causes, Chicken Pox, Complications, Diagnosis, Medications, Prevention, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Self Care, Symptoms Tests, Treatment, Vaccines, Varicella Zoster Virus, VZV and Warning Signs.

Shingles/no rash/nipple pain?

For the last 3 months I have been having severe pain around my left side under my breast and wrapping around my body. My doctors originally said shingles told me to watch out for rash and gave me anitbiotics because my white cell count was high... 2 weeks later, no rash and still in pain. So they ordered a stronger antibiotic since my white cell count was still high... 2 weeks later, same story. We then did a CTscan, x rays, and everything was negative. So tried another antibiotic but nothings helped at all. Two days ago I noticed one spot under my breast but assumed it was a pimple because i had worked out alot over the weekend and gotten really sweaty. Today all of a sudden, within less than 5 min my nipple on my left breast started burning and stinging with incredibly ridiculous pain. At first I thought I may have been bitten or stung by something, but is this a symptom of shingles? Could I have it with no rash and still have this nipple symptom? Should I head to the doctor? It is crazy painful!!!
Hi, my 11 year old daughter complained about the same symtoms (symptoms) starting about 3 weeks ago.  She came home from Carrowinds and had been at the water park.  She was complaining that her nipple was burning and the tip was bright red.  I googled it and it did mention that chlorine could cause burning or just about to start her period which she is about to.  About a week and a half ago, she started to complaining that her mid back was killing her.  She has had back pain for years so just thought she pulled a muscle.  She is very active in sports.  This was different thought.  She never complains so I knew she was in a lot of pain.  She explained the pain as a tingling burning feeling with a lot of pain.  She went to the beach with a friend of hers last week and got home a few days ago.  She had a rash on her back under her left arm and under/on her right breast.  I had already made an appt with her doctor for tomorrow to talk about her on going back pain and wanted them to do some blood work.  I bumped the appt up to today because the rash was gettting worse and she was in so much pain.  At first the doctor didn't think it was shingles but then looked it up on the website to double check before treating it for something worse.  It was defintately shingles.  Now just trying to do my research.  I found your symptoms to go hand in had with what hers were so have to believe she does in fact have shingles.  Let me know how your doing and if you have any info you can share.  Good Luck!!