Shingles Community
Shingles or something else?

WELCOME TO THE SHINGLES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Shingles such as: Causes, Chicken Pox, Complications, Diagnosis, Medications, Prevention, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Self Care, Symptoms Tests, Treatment, Vaccines, Varicella Zoster Virus, VZV and Warning Signs.

Shingles or something else?

Okay I just recently went to the doctor for pain on my right side where I had shingles under my bra line and I was diagnosed with PHN. I took the medication for a week like the doctor told me too.. the pain on my back seemed to go away but I am getting pain on my right side. I have pains on my hip, outside of my thigh, and kind of on my buttocks and under my right breast is where the pain hurts more. I am getting tingling and burning sensation which is uncomfortable. I had a single dot on my hip which there was two little dots, it only itched once but than it started kind of hurting and this was probably about a month ago. I ended up going to the hospital and they didn't swab it, they just looked at it and said it wasn't shingles again or hsv2 (which I just recently got testing positive for but never had an outbreak) they said it was to high up to be that. I did kind of break out on that hip but with like two pimples which are still kind of there but slowly disappearing. I hope this is not a hsv2 breakout.. it is no where near my genital area. Oh and also I will randomly get very sharp pains in my back but not very often and it feels like the bone or muscle. I'm confused! I do have a doctors appointment which I don't think my primary doctor knows I tested positive for hsv2. I want other peoples opinion on this.