Shingles Community
Shingles vaccine after rash from neosporin??

WELCOME TO THE SHINGLES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Shingles such as: Causes, Chicken Pox, Complications, Diagnosis, Medications, Prevention, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Self Care, Symptoms Tests, Treatment, Vaccines, Varicella Zoster Virus, VZV and Warning Signs.

About 5 years ago I had a raw area on my leg from where a pair of high top shoes rubbed me.  I used neosporin on it several times a day for over a week.  I increased the usage when I noticed a purplish rash.  Now I know that may have been a reaction to the neosporin.

I am 62 and would like to get the Shingles vaccine but see the info says not to if you have an allergy to neosporin.  I don't know what to do.  
When I asked my doctor about the shingles vaccine, he told me that if I took sufficient vitamin D I wouldn't need it. That was years and yeas ago. I am now really old, take my vitamin D regularly, and never got shingles.
I take 6,000 IU of Vit. D3 daily so hopefully it'll work for me, too!  Thanks
Wow! That's a lot. I only take 2000 and my vitamin profile says I have enough.
Hi,  I was told when I discovered my allergy to Sulfa drugs that Neosporin is a No No. Maybe see if you have a sulfa allergy and don't mess with the vaccine until you get this figured out.  I read about a healthy 61 year old woman developing shingles 3 months after the vaccine and it was excruciating. Best of luck.
Thanks for the heads up!