Shingles Community
Shingles with Nerve Damage
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE SHINGLES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Shingles such as: Causes, Chicken Pox, Complications, Diagnosis, Medications, Prevention, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Self Care, Symptoms Tests, Treatment, Vaccines, Varicella Zoster Virus, VZV and Warning Signs.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Shingles with Nerve Damage

I got shingles around the 1st of March 2010, bubbles cleared  up pretty fast, pain was unbelievable, within a couple of weeks noticed i couldn't walk on my left leg, went to my neurologist and said i have nerve damage in my leg. Now i am on neurtontin since the end of April, 600mg 3x daily. MyBIG question, which I can't seem to get an answer from any of my medical experts is if i will ever walk again without assistance, in other words  does nerve damage from shingles ever heal or not. PlEASE, I would like an answer, one way or the other. The neurontin causes so many side effects to me, diarrhea, nausea, etc., lost weight because of the pain being so bad, then being nauseated most of the time. I am really getting beside myself at this point. Someone help please!!!

PS: is the neurontin meant to heal the nerve damage or just help with the pain? Anxiously waiting, luisa