Shingles Community
Singles, Herpes or something else?
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE SHINGLES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Shingles such as: Causes, Chicken Pox, Complications, Diagnosis, Medications, Prevention, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Self Care, Symptoms Tests, Treatment, Vaccines, Varicella Zoster Virus, VZV and Warning Signs.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Singles, Herpes or something else?

Please help!  I went on a bike ride about 3 weeks ago (200 miles).  After the first day I started getting a rash right on the waist line of my shorts below my belly button.  It itched so a scratched it of course. :)   It became about a 3 inch rash with raised bumps that had a dull whitish color on the top but they were very asymmetrical (no real pattern)  About that time (2nd day of ride) I started getting some numbness on my right hip (front side) area.  Then by the end of the second day it was on both sides.  In the 3 weeks since then,  the rash has mostly healed but the tingling, pain and numbness has travelled from the rash area around both sides of my waist and to my low back.  Now it's mostly concentrated in my belly area (like pot belly size)   It hurts all the time. If I use Icy Hot it feels better for a while but basically feels like nerves are always super sensitive. Fabric, touching etc., all hurt.  I was told singles would have been on only one side or the other?  Could it still be shingles,? Herpes? some other infection or something else? ??
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Shingles Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank