Shingles Community
Spread of shingles to another part of the body...

WELCOME TO THE SHINGLES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Shingles such as: Causes, Chicken Pox, Complications, Diagnosis, Medications, Prevention, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Self Care, Symptoms Tests, Treatment, Vaccines, Varicella Zoster Virus, VZV and Warning Signs.

I have shingles on my back at the moment (upper left hand side) and this has been diagnosed by the doctor. I have a slight pain now in the left hand side of my face (notably by my cheekbone). My question being that, is it possible for shingles to spread to another part of my body during the course of having shingles? Can it spread to my face?

Thankyou for you time.
Avatar n tn
Can I spread blisters to another part of my body by touching my back (where they are) and then someother place without washing my hands?
I've been trying to get this answered for a couple days.
Possibly.  Many years ago my doctor told me herpes can be spread from the face to genital area.