Shingles Community
no blisters in my shingle rash but intense pain
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE SHINGLES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Shingles such as: Causes, Chicken Pox, Complications, Diagnosis, Medications, Prevention, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Self Care, Symptoms Tests, Treatment, Vaccines, Varicella Zoster Virus, VZV and Warning Signs.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

no blisters in my shingle rash but intense pain

I realised I had shingles 2 weeks ago when I noticed slight rashes on the back of my left hip down my back upper leg to the back of my knee. I dont know how long I have had the rashes as they are right at the back but I felt a slight pain and got my husband to look. I then saw a doctor who gave me Aciclovir 800 mg 5 times a day for a week. (I am very small and weigh only 32 kg or about 70 lbs.) In the beginning then pain was mild but got progressively worse  day by day and now I am taking paracetamol 500 mg every 6 hours  and it is hardly helping. I also notice that I still dont have any blisters on my rashes and the rashes are small and insignificant and not too much. The pain is very intense now amd I am not able to walk much or sleep much.
    What shall I do and why are my rashes not blistering at all?