Shingles Community
where to get vaccine

WELCOME TO THE SHINGLES COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Shingles such as: Causes, Chicken Pox, Complications, Diagnosis, Medications, Prevention, Prognosis, Research, Risk Factors, Self Care, Symptoms Tests, Treatment, Vaccines, Varicella Zoster Virus, VZV and Warning Signs.

where to get vaccine

My insurance will not cover the shingles vaccine.  I am 67 and not on medicare D.  I know that some states have given out shilgles shots at a low cost.  The only place I can get the vaccine is at a Pharmacy.  I have called my county health department and no one seems to know anywhere or even heard of this.  It would cost $220.00 for the vaccine at the pharmacy.  My brother-in-law got the vaccine in Texas for $15.00.  Why can't I find that in Indiana?  Thank you to anyone who can help.