458?1254705422
Sick and tired of being sick and tired. User Group
ANYONE OUT THERE?
About This Group:

I guess I am looking for a place to go when things get too bad. I don't know if this is that place, but.... I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, 15% of a liver (need a transplant, and because of the Methadone, I have little if any chance of getting on a list.), Hepatitis C, and am on 100mgs. of Methadone. I was an addict for 40 years. But have not used any illicit drug for 35 of those 40 years. I also suffer from severe depression that so far has not been successfully treated with medication. I guess now a lot of you have already judged me, and think that I got what I deserved. I guess that is why I am writing this. To see if I can receive some help or, as when I go to a doctor, just be judged for my past. I hope that is not the case because I am told that I do not have a lot of time left on this earth. I am a good man who has always taken good care of his parents and wife and kids. But, I know that means little to anyone because it seems doctors only see the addiction that I had a long time ago. Yes, I know I am still addicted to Methadone, but when no doctor will give me anything for for the pain that is caused by the RA, I take my relief where I can get it. If anyone out there is suffering, no matter why, maybe we can talk. To the rest of you that are judges, kiss my a&#! JohnD.

Founded by John1956 on October 4, 2009
104 members

ANYONE OUT THERE?

Hi I'm Vince.  Anyone want to talk about addiction & recovery.
Best of everything,
Vince
Has nobody else responded to your post? I joined AA 20 years ago. One of the best decisions of my life. And I believe it saved my life. Turns out I've had hepatitis C for 35 years. I'm sure glad I didn't beat up my liver with alcohol all that time. Being sober every day feels so good.
Are you in recovery now? AA or NA?
Wishing you the best,
Sue
i am in recovery myself. i started with aa during rehab and then switched to na. i had to get to the point where enough was enough. i have had hep c genotype 1b since 07 and i got it from using after my girlfriend. she didnt tell me. i live with it everyday that i did this to myself. i would have rather gotten high then be safe and now i am paying for it. i have support through my na fellows and it helps to know i am not alone and never will be again. i just have to keep in mind that this is a gift not a mistake becasue it has helped me see the joys in life that i was missing. and since ifound out i look at life differently.
Dee1956 commented on Dee1956's status
Dee1956 commented on Dee1956's status
Dee1956 Words are powerful. They ca... Comment