458?1254705422
Sick and tired of being sick and tired. User Group
ANYONE OUT THERE?
About This Group:

I guess I am looking for a place to go when things get too bad. I don't know if this is that place, but.... I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, 15% of a liver (need a transplant, and because of the Methadone, I have little if any chance of getting on a list.), Hepatitis C, and am on 100mgs. of Methadone. I was an addict for 40 years. But have not used any illicit drug for 35 of those 40 years. I also suffer from severe depression that so far has not been successfully treated with medication. I guess now a lot of you have already judged me, and think that I got what I deserved. I guess that is why I am writing this. To see if I can receive some help or, as when I go to a doctor, just be judged for my past. I hope that is not the case because I am told that I do not have a lot of time left on this earth. I am a good man who has always taken good care of his parents and wife and kids. But, I know that means little to anyone because it seems doctors only see the addiction that I had a long time ago. Yes, I know I am still addicted to Methadone, but when no doctor will give me anything for for the pain that is caused by the RA, I take my relief where I can get it. If anyone out there is suffering, no matter why, maybe we can talk. To the rest of you that are judges, kiss my a&#! JohnD.

Founded by John1956 on October 4, 2009
104 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ANYONE OUT THERE?

Hi I'm Vince.  Anyone want to talk about addiction & recovery.
Best of everything,
Vince
2 Comments
Blank
5133061_tn?1374984125
Has nobody else responded to your post? I joined AA 20 years ago. One of the best decisions of my life. And I believe it saved my life. Turns out I've had hepatitis C for 35 years. I'm sure glad I didn't beat up my liver with alcohol all that time. Being sober every day feels so good.
Are you in recovery now? AA or NA?
Wishing you the best,
Sue
Blank
5326543_tn?1367590865
i am in recovery myself. i started with aa during rehab and then switched to na. i had to get to the point where enough was enough. i have had hep c genotype 1b since 07 and i got it from using after my girlfriend. she didnt tell me. i live with it everyday that i did this to myself. i would have rather gotten high then be safe and now i am paying for it. i have support through my na fellows and it helps to know i am not alone and never will be again. i just have to keep in mind that this is a gift not a mistake becasue it has helped me see the joys in life that i was missing. and since ifound out i look at life differently.
Blank
Recent Activity
317787_tn?1373214989
Blank
Dee1956 commented on Dee1956's status
9 hrs ago
317787_tn?1373214989
Blank
Dee1956 commented on Dee1956's status
9 hrs ago
317787_tn?1373214989
Blank