458?1254705422
Sick and tired of being sick and tired. User Group
Greatest Healer of All
About This Group:

I guess I am looking for a place to go when things get too bad. I don't know if this is that place, but.... I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, 15% of a liver (need a transplant, and because of the Methadone, I have little if any chance of getting on a list.), Hepatitis C, and am on 100mgs. of Methadone. I was an addict for 40 years. But have not used any illicit drug for 35 of those 40 years. I also suffer from severe depression that so far has not been successfully treated with medication. I guess now a lot of you have already judged me, and think that I got what I deserved. I guess that is why I am writing this. To see if I can receive some help or, as when I go to a doctor, just be judged for my past. I hope that is not the case because I am told that I do not have a lot of time left on this earth. I am a good man who has always taken good care of his parents and wife and kids. But, I know that means little to anyone because it seems doctors only see the addiction that I had a long time ago. Yes, I know I am still addicted to Methadone, but when no doctor will give me anything for for the pain that is caused by the RA, I take my relief where I can get it. If anyone out there is suffering, no matter why, maybe we can talk. To the rest of you that are judges, kiss my a&#! JohnD.

Founded by John1956 on October 4, 2009
103 members

Greatest Healer of All

Hello friends, this isn't a question just a positive and encouraging story. Like some of you I had used drugs and shared needles, was very reckless in the past. I've been clean for 5 years and since then had two beautiful boys. I was told about a month ago that I had antibodies for Hepatitis C, and this scared me to death. I was overcome with guilt, shame, anger for what I exposed myself to when I was younger. I needed help, and just not from healthcare professionals, I needed God to heal me. I prayed and opened my heart to God begging Him to heal me, asking Him for forgiveness of my sins for being so destructive in the past. I started going to church and reading the Bible, I gave my burdens, worry, pain, fear and doubt to Him and did my best to give Him control of the situation. When I started to feel worry and doubt that this was the end, I turned to him and asked Him for strength because I couldn't do this on my own. I had faith that He would heal me because He loves me unconditionally and despite of my transgressions, He would heal me if I boldly asked Him to. Less than a week ago I went to the specialist, had my blood drawn to see if I actually had the virus. I prayed for the best and reminded myself that God will protect me no matter what the outcome may be. A couple of days ago I got a call and was told that I do NOT have Hepatitis C. Friends, I truly believe God will heal us if we just believe in Him and open our hearts to Him. God wants us to give Him our burdens because we are too weak to carry it ourselves. He can heal us because He loves us unconditionally and is the greatest Healer there is. Please pray to Him for healing, He will heal you. Also, when talking to the specialist I was told that in 3yrs there will be a new treatment that will have an 80% cure rate even for genotype 1 and without the awful side-effects. The specialist sounded quite optimistic about this new treatment so don't lose faith or become discouraged. Open your hearts and minds to the power of prayer and God, He'll always listen to you for we have a merciful, God full of grace and love. Thank you for taking the time to read this and God bless you.
1 Comment
What do you do for your ignorance?
Dee1956 commented on timothy141's status
Apr 09
Dee1956 commented on dustbear's status
Apr 02
Dee1956 commented on Barb135's status
Mar 20