458?1254705422
Sick and tired of being sick and tired. User Group
Hepatitic C and nutrition
About This Group:

I guess I am looking for a place to go when things get too bad. I don't know if this is that place, but.... I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, 15% of a liver (need a transplant, and because of the Methadone, I have little if any chance of getting on a list.), Hepatitis C, and am on 100mgs. of Methadone. I was an addict for 40 years. But have not used any illicit drug for 35 of those 40 years. I also suffer from severe depression that so far has not been successfully treated with medication. I guess now a lot of you have already judged me, and think that I got what I deserved. I guess that is why I am writing this. To see if I can receive some help or, as when I go to a doctor, just be judged for my past. I hope that is not the case because I am told that I do not have a lot of time left on this earth. I am a good man who has always taken good care of his parents and wife and kids. But, I know that means little to anyone because it seems doctors only see the addiction that I had a long time ago. Yes, I know I am still addicted to Methadone, but when no doctor will give me anything for for the pain that is caused by the RA, I take my relief where I can get it. If anyone out there is suffering, no matter why, maybe we can talk. To the rest of you that are judges, kiss my a&#! JohnD.

Founded by John1956 on October 4, 2009
104 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hepatitic C and nutrition

I was first diagnosed with Hepatitis C in 1997. Since that time, there has been almost no progression of this illness. However about three weeks ago, I began to have problems urinating. It the progressed to just feeling generally lousy. I had blood taken last week, and the symptoms are from my Hepatitis. I have an appointment with my doctor this Friday, and I'm scared. I worked at the Men's detox years ago, and have seen the effects of this disease first hand. I have a really lousy diet and have been compulsive about red meat and Pepsi. I am going to do my bets to get better. Any thoughts on nutrition and holistic treatments I might try. I am on Medi-Care, so I doubt they will fund interferon. Anyway, I was on interferon in 2002. After six months, my doctor stopped treatment, He said it wasn't having the effect he had hoped for. Any thoughts will be sincerely received.