458?1254705422
Sick and tired of being sick and tired. User Group
How can I be a support to someone in this bad of shape?
About This Group:

I guess I am looking for a place to go when things get too bad. I don't know if this is that place, but.... I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, 15% of a liver (need a transplant, and because of the Methadone, I have little if any chance of getting on a list.), Hepatitis C, and am on 100mgs. of Methadone. I was an addict for 40 years. But have not used any illicit drug for 35 of those 40 years. I also suffer from severe depression that so far has not been successfully treated with medication. I guess now a lot of you have already judged me, and think that I got what I deserved. I guess that is why I am writing this. To see if I can receive some help or, as when I go to a doctor, just be judged for my past. I hope that is not the case because I am told that I do not have a lot of time left on this earth. I am a good man who has always taken good care of his parents and wife and kids. But, I know that means little to anyone because it seems doctors only see the addiction that I had a long time ago. Yes, I know I am still addicted to Methadone, but when no doctor will give me anything for for the pain that is caused by the RA, I take my relief where I can get it. If anyone out there is suffering, no matter why, maybe we can talk. To the rest of you that are judges, kiss my a&#! JohnD.

Founded by John1956 on October 4, 2009
104 members

My husband was diagnosed with hepatitis c genotype 1a officially in 2011. He was told that he had the rare genotype and the doc referred to it as "The Big One." My husband believes that he got hepatitis c because he was a dumb teenager with a two year history of drug use. He also has 4 tattoos from non-tattoo shops. My husband and I have been together for 13 years now and he hasn't done any drugs since we've been together. That I know was a part of his past, but it hasn't been a part of his adult life. We have two children together, ages 10 and 9, and they are both taking their dad's sickness very hard. I am making this post for mental help. I don't know how to support my husband the way he needs me to. My husband and I are young, and we both feel like no one, doctors, friends, family, NO ONE believes how sick he is. He has been to 4 different doctors and all 4 of them have treated my husband like he is exaggerating his pain. He was even denied Medicaid for help getting treatment. I am a student and I work at a job that does not offer insurance. I have no money to help my husband, so I don't know where to go for help. My husband continues to drink beer because he feels like it's the only way that he can deal with the pain, even though he knows it's harmful to his liver. I have had to watch my husband curl up in a ball holding his stomach while he cries how bad it hurts. My husband did concrete for 15 years before he found out he was sick, and he hasn't been able to work for the past 2 years now because of how bad his body hurts. My husband was a very hard worker and to observe him going from working so hard to not being able to work, I know he's not making it up. Our children have to hear their dad every single night throw up in the bathroom before they go to school. My husband's pain is becoming mentally unstable for us all. He is becoming angrier and angrier. He has suicidal thoughts and tells me all the time that he wants to die because he can't stand the pain that he is in. He feels like me and our children don't support him with what he's going through, but I know that it's angry talk that he doesn't mean and he's just saying it because he's in pain. I don't know where to turn for help or how to get my husband the help he needs. If anyone has any advice that would be great. How can I be a support to someone in this bad of shape?
I just posted a detailed response here. It is gone. For people with hepatitis C type 1a and all other geno types the BHT treatment has worked very well. The treatment is 250mg of BHT taken twice a day with water on an empty stomach. This BHT stuff really does work.   ...Oscar
You may find this link helpful
http://www.drwhitaker.com/hope-for-hepatitis-c/?key=200260&utm_campaign=social&utm_source=acq-social-all&utm_medium=social-facebook&utm_content=social-facebook-whitaker-111113-blog-hepatitisc

It says to use the following:
Alpha lipoic acid boosts levels of glutathione, a detoxifying antioxidant that is particularly protective of the liver.
Silymarin, an herbal extract derived from milk thistle, also increases glutathione levels, plus it curbs inflammation and rejuvenates the liver by stimulating the production of new hepatic cells.
Selenium, a trace mineral, slows the replication of the hepatitis C virus—I like to think of it as “viral birth control.”

Also a product called Immunocal may be effective as it increases glutathione.  See http://www.immunocal.md/science/
One of the best Milk thistle products is the life extension brand called "European Milk Thistle".
For Selenium, I recommend Swanson Ultra SeMSC Selenium from Swanson vitamins - no more than two 200 mcg capsules a day.
Also according to the book, Herbal Antibiotics, 2nd Edition: Natural Alternatives for Treating Drug-resistant Bacteria,

For Hepatitis C: Glycyrrhizin has been used in Japan for more than 60 years in the treatment of hepatitis C. In several clinical trials it has been found to significantly lower AST, ALT, and GGT concentrations while reversing histologic evidence of necrosis and inflammatory lesions in the liver.

The herb Chanca Piedra is also suppose to be good for Hepatitis C. Two or three 500 mg capsules before meals is the recommended dose. Swanson Vitamins has it at a reasonable price.
By BHT do you mean bio-identical hormone therapy?

If so doctors doing this are rare and often don't accept insurance or if they do the treatment isn't covered by insurance to my knowledge.
You might also want to get the book, Herbs for Hepatitis C and the Liver (A Storey Medicinal Herb Guide) by Stephen Harrod Buhner available from Amazon.com
honey156 commented on photo
honey156 commented on photo
honey156 commented on photo