458?1254705422
Sick and tired of being sick and tired. User Group
Will it ever end?
About This Group:

I guess I am looking for a place to go when things get too bad. I don't know if this is that place, but.... I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, 15% of a liver (need a transplant, and because of the Methadone, I have little if any chance of getting on a list.), Hepatitis C, and am on 100mgs. of Methadone. I was an addict for 40 years. But have not used any illicit drug for 35 of those 40 years. I also suffer from severe depression that so far has not been successfully treated with medication. I guess now a lot of you have already judged me, and think that I got what I deserved. I guess that is why I am writing this. To see if I can receive some help or, as when I go to a doctor, just be judged for my past. I hope that is not the case because I am told that I do not have a lot of time left on this earth. I am a good man who has always taken good care of his parents and wife and kids. But, I know that means little to anyone because it seems doctors only see the addiction that I had a long time ago. Yes, I know I am still addicted to Methadone, but when no doctor will give me anything for for the pain that is caused by the RA, I take my relief where I can get it. If anyone out there is suffering, no matter why, maybe we can talk. To the rest of you that are judges, kiss my a&#! JohnD.

Founded by John1956 on October 4, 2009
104 members

Will it ever end?

I wonder a lot...get down in the dumps knowing this disease is killing me.  I went through a year of treatment and have had 3 relapses since.  My bones and joints hurt so bad, I'm so tired and fatigued, I get sick all the time.  Is the only answer to get better and feel better a liver transplant?  Wonder what the waiting list is like!  I'm only 41 but I feel like I'm 90.  I'm tired of the "watch and wait" cycle I go through with the doctors.  There just never seems to be a pleasing or uplifting remark or diagnosis for this disease.  I need a miracle pill, something to make this life a little easier and to give me just a little hope.
1 Comment
Hi KellieGirl,
I'm so sorry you relapsed after treatment. That must be terribly disheartening. Don't give up hope yet! There are new drugs that are in clinical trials that may be approved by the end of the year that may cure you of this dreadful disease. In the meantime, try to drink as much water as you can, eat healthy foods (unprocessed, organic, low-sodium, low sugar, etc.), don't drink, exercise when you can, and get rest when you need it. Also remember you're not alone. I'm 58 and have had this disease 35 years now. I'm tired, too, but trying to take care of myself the best I can until I start treatment in a few months.
Sue
kiran07kk is ... Comment
kiran07kk joined this group
Welcome them!
peterlouis added the Exercise Tracker
Jul 11