458?1254705422
Sick and tired of being sick and tired. User Group
are you like it am
About This Group:

I guess I am looking for a place to go when things get too bad. I don't know if this is that place, but.... I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, 15% of a liver (need a transplant, and because of the Methadone, I have little if any chance of getting on a list.), Hepatitis C, and am on 100mgs. of Methadone. I was an addict for 40 years. But have not used any illicit drug for 35 of those 40 years. I also suffer from severe depression that so far has not been successfully treated with medication. I guess now a lot of you have already judged me, and think that I got what I deserved. I guess that is why I am writing this. To see if I can receive some help or, as when I go to a doctor, just be judged for my past. I hope that is not the case because I am told that I do not have a lot of time left on this earth. I am a good man who has always taken good care of his parents and wife and kids. But, I know that means little to anyone because it seems doctors only see the addiction that I had a long time ago. Yes, I know I am still addicted to Methadone, but when no doctor will give me anything for for the pain that is caused by the RA, I take my relief where I can get it. If anyone out there is suffering, no matter why, maybe we can talk. To the rest of you that are judges, kiss my a&#! JohnD.

Founded by John1956 on October 4, 2009
103 members

are you like it am

Is This you.
I am tired joints body hurts, pop a codeine wait for it to work, then coffee hubby made, tries to force breakf down me,  I say no, gives me pills at last count 12, I did ask what they where for one day and gave up.   Force myself to wash and dress hubby gone to work, attempt to things round house like make bed (duvet).  I am like you sick and tired of it all especially knowing it will not get better.
I saw a poem about Pain by a lady called Christine can i write it down
Pain inside,  The pain inside I Cannot hide it burns within me
it steers across my once cold heart
It pierces through my veins with pain
pumping through my veins wit pain
burning up this feeling within

I am sick and tired who is there to take this feeling,certainly not this so called god.  I will meditate later and speak to the spirits.   sorry it is so long you have probably dropped of to sleep
Quirkey
Tags: hurts
thank you for your non reply it did me good as I pop another codeine and tramadol to make me fill tired so I can sleep and put away answers like yours 'no answers'

because in this world these days life is often prolonged at any cost.
So we have lost the art of dying as well

This was taken from the Times Debate on Death at St Pauls
Try to remain positive, keep active and busy.  The pain feels so much worse when you're not doing anything or laying in bed.  
WHERE is everyone? John D. please tell me you are still out there somewhere? I don't see any activity since Nov. 2010. Let's get this forum humming again! I for one am sick & tired of being sick & tired! Do I have any company out there? Come back John D. lets compare notes.
All I can say is, do what you think you can't, you can.  Look until you find something good you would do if you knew you were going to die tomorrow, and do it.  

In April I thought I was going to die for real, I was that sick.  I did things I didn't think i could do, including eat really good, fresh seafood, and felt better.  Turns out shellfish contains substances that improve mood... who knew?  I shelled out the dough to go tandem skydiving, and had the time of my life (the good part only lasted a few seconds, then it got way uncomfortable and I was sick afterward for an hour, but the good part was good for a lifetime).  What me? jump out of an airplane?  what, are you nuts?  Glad I did it... it made me feel really alive.  

Since then I have reached out for information and made small changes, a little, then a little, then a little more.  I looked up something called the DASH diet (for high blood pressure, but it's a good diet all around), then was told about something called the raw diet (which I now absolutely love).  Anyone who's known me my whole life would be astonished to see me eating raw veges and no sugar, flour etc. and thinking it tastes great.  I am down 60 pounds in six months and starting to feel a little better.  have just begun to walk daily.. not easy but it's actually helping me sleep!  Yea!

These are all things that seemed utterly impossible from my habitual position in bed last Spring.  If my problem were not enough weight I would do the same thing... find out what I CAN do and do it.   If I can crawl out of this hole and make a start, you can too.  Believe me, you wouldn't have thought it possible six months ago.  

Hope you do well.  P.S. When it really, really seems utterly and absolutely impossible to take the next step... those are the times when I am not asking God for help to take the next step.  Sorry if that's preaching, it's just how it is for me.
Dee1956 commented on timothy141's status
Oct 23
Dee1956 commented on Ekkiemom's status
Oct 23
Dee1956 commented on Kirstie_MHModerator's status
Oct 22