tired most of the time
Has anyone found anything that helps with the fatique? I do well for a few hours and then need a nap. Sometimes I take 2 to 3 naps a day.
I also wanted to know if your blood tests determine how your Doctor says your doing? My numbers go very high and come down and go up. I really don't know how they determine if you have liver damage. I have had MRI and they have shown nothing suspicious. I sometimes wonder if my Doctor knows much about HCV. Any thoughts?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
5133061 tn?1374984125
Hi,
I have had HepC for 35 years. Was doing well until I hit my 50s, then started having fatigue and joint pain. I found out I had HepC a few months ago, so I started eating organic foods and reducing my salt and sugar intake. I also drink as much water as I can. Still tired, but feeling better. Regular exercise helps, too. I do water aerobics 2 times a week and walk 30 mins 5 times a week.
I read that only a liver biopsy can determine the extent of liver damage (scarring, cirrhosis, etc.) with certainty, but there are other less invasive tests that help a doctor decide whether a biopsy is needed or not.
I've had blood tests to check my liver enzymes (always within reference range so far) and an abdominal ultrasound. My gastroenterologist doesn't think I need a biopsy at this time. I plan to start treatment with pegInterferon/ribavirin this summer.
Try less salt, sugar, and caffeine, and more exercise and see if it helps. Good luck to you!
Sue
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
A
A
Recent Activity
1415482 tn?1459706314
Blank
Kayannaboo commented on Tia
Apr 22
1415482 tn?1459706314
Blank
Kayannaboo trying to change my outlook... Comment
Mar 31
17593698 tn?1458189417