458?1254705422
Sick and tired of being sick and tired. User Group
tired most of the time
About This Group:

I guess I am looking for a place to go when things get too bad. I don't know if this is that place, but.... I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, 15% of a liver (need a transplant, and because of the Methadone, I have little if any chance of getting on a list.), Hepatitis C, and am on 100mgs. of Methadone. I was an addict for 40 years. But have not used any illicit drug for 35 of those 40 years. I also suffer from severe depression that so far has not been successfully treated with medication. I guess now a lot of you have already judged me, and think that I got what I deserved. I guess that is why I am writing this. To see if I can receive some help or, as when I go to a doctor, just be judged for my past. I hope that is not the case because I am told that I do not have a lot of time left on this earth. I am a good man who has always taken good care of his parents and wife and kids. But, I know that means little to anyone because it seems doctors only see the addiction that I had a long time ago. Yes, I know I am still addicted to Methadone, but when no doctor will give me anything for for the pain that is caused by the RA, I take my relief where I can get it. If anyone out there is suffering, no matter why, maybe we can talk. To the rest of you that are judges, kiss my a&#! JohnD.

Founded by John1956 on October 4, 2009
106 members

tired most of the time

Has anyone found anything that helps with the fatique? I do well for a few hours and then need a nap. Sometimes I take 2 to 3 naps a day.
I also wanted to know if your blood tests determine how your Doctor says your doing? My numbers go very high and come down and go up. I really don't know how they determine if you have liver damage. I have had MRI and they have shown nothing suspicious. I sometimes wonder if my Doctor knows much about HCV. Any thoughts?
Tags: TIRED, Blood, MRI
1 Comment
I have had HepC for 35 years. Was doing well until I hit my 50s, then started having fatigue and joint pain. I found out I had HepC a few months ago, so I started eating organic foods and reducing my salt and sugar intake. I also drink as much water as I can. Still tired, but feeling better. Regular exercise helps, too. I do water aerobics 2 times a week and walk 30 mins 5 times a week.
I read that only a liver biopsy can determine the extent of liver damage (scarring, cirrhosis, etc.) with certainty, but there are other less invasive tests that help a doctor decide whether a biopsy is needed or not.
I've had blood tests to check my liver enzymes (always within reference range so far) and an abdominal ultrasound. My gastroenterologist doesn't think I need a biopsy at this time. I plan to start treatment with pegInterferon/ribavirin this summer.
Try less salt, sugar, and caffeine, and more exercise and see if it helps. Good luck to you!
Sue
Kayannaboo commented on Tia
Apr 22
Kayannaboo trying to change my outlook... Comment
Mar 31
erb06 joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 17
Related Tags